Can Acupuncture Treat Kidney Disease
The effect of acupuncture techniques in some kidney diseases is reviewed on the basis of clinical reports as well as mechanisms that may possibly explain the beneficial effects mediated by acupressure/acupuncture.
- As mentioned before, there are a series of channels run in regular patterns through the body and over its surface. Once there is obstruction in Channels or meridians, our health will lose balance. Acupuncture can stimulate your meridians and remove the block, improving kidney’s self-cure and promoting kidney functions.
- Acupuncture can deal with kidney stones, for this treatment can dilate the ureters and discharge a stone in a acute episode. The treatment is unilateral to the affected side, with needles placed at special meridians.This will dilate the ureter and allow passage of the stone into the bladder. Do for 10 to 30 minutes, until the stone is discharged. If not, repeat with 30 minute breaks in between.
- Acupuncture can deal with the infertility caused by renal deficiency. Acupuncture is targeted to Warm and tonify the Kidney Yang and Enrich the Kidney Essence in order to nourish the Chong and Ren Channels, which are major pathways (meridians) that influence the uterus, dealing with the infertility.
- Cold and flu can worsen the kidney disease patients’ condition. The following illustrated acupuncture approach is extremely effective in not only alleviating the symptoms associated with cold or flu but, if used early enough, may potentially prevent the symptoms and condition from developing at all.
- Back pain, stomach pain and flank pain are common symptoms of kidney disease. Acupuncture is being studied for its efficacy in alleviating many kinds of pain. The needle stimulates pain-sensing nerves, which trigger the brain to release opiumlike compounds called endorphins that circulate in the body.
- Acupuncture helps lower down kidney disease patients’s blood pressure. Use acupuncture needles to stimulate the thinly myelinated (Group III) somatic afferents activates central endorphin (naloxone-sensitive) pathways that elicit long-lasting decreases in sympathetic nerve activity (SNA) and blood pressure.
Besides, acupuncture helps alleviate other kidney disease symptoms and complications, such as anemia, poor sleep, nausea and poor appetite. And it is also has anti-inflammatory effects and release the fatigue and depression of hemodialysis patients.
Does acupuncture reverse your kidney disease? You can leave a message below, we will reply you within 24 hours.
- Prev: Treatment for CKD with Heart Disease
- Next: Chinese Medicated Bath Treatment and Chronic Kidney Disease